North Savo’s regional plan 2040 and regional programme 2022–2025
The regional plan establishes the long-term goals, development strategy and population goals. The regional programme describes the practical measures guiding regional development and the allocation of regional fund-ing in the next four years.
The region’s development priorities and goals:
• Machine and energy technology: smart and productive technology and service, a successful energy transition
• Forest industry: diverse utilisation of wood material, increased added value, and emergence of new products
• Food products: the leading region in sustainable food production
• Wellbeing technology: better health care and business from health data, technology and new medicines
• Tourism: growth in nature, event and cultural travel; development collaboration throughout Eastern Finland
• Smart water system: smart and comprehensive management of water and wastewater systems; growth in business activities
• Biorefining: new products and bioprocesses, biogas, recycled fertilisers, animal bedding, chemicals, energy
The region’s development priorities are also North Savo’s choices for smart specialisation.
Further information is available on the website of the Regional Council of North Savo:
Smart Specialisation in North Savo - Sly & Savvy Savo -brochure