The Ministry of the Environment is responsible for three national themes that will accelerate the green transition and are based on the ERDF programme.
- Energy efficiency and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions (EUR 11.5 million)
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation (EUR 4 million)
- A carbon-neutral circular economy society (EUR 11.5 million).
This entity funds projects that develop solutions that can be widely utilised and are scalable. They may be demonstration projects related to experimentation culture and the introduction of new operating models. The results must aim at national usability.
Companies, municipalities and joint municipal authorities, other regional actors, higher education institutions, research institutes and associations and foundations can apply for funding.
The themes of energy efficiency and climate change are funded by the ELY Centre for North Ostrobothnia and the ELY Centre for Häme. As a rule, the application process will be organised annually. The focus areas of themes will be specified for each application round.
- Green transition theme-specific searches ongoing 24.4.–2.10.2023 (EURA2021.fi, in Finnish)
- A national green transition coordination project has been launched (in Finnish)
- Material bank (in Finnish)
Contact persons for the coordination project:
Olli Voutilainen, Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke)
tel. +358 29 532 2402, firstname.lastname(at)luke.fi
Harri Määttä, Oamk
P. +358 50 599 6612, harri.maatta(at)oamk.fi
Milla Anttila, Häme University of Applied Sciences (Hamk)
tel. +358 50 911 1343, firstname.lastname(at)hamk.fi