The Innovation and Skills in Finland 2021–2027 programme’s monitoring committee monitors the programme’s fulfilment, impact and effectiveness.
The monitoring committee must consider all issues that may have an effect on the programme’s progress and the achievement of its goals. The committee also approves the selection criteria used in the programme, its final performance report and evaluation plan, and any significant changes to the programme. The term of the monitoring committee covers the entire programme period. The committee carries out its tasks in cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, which acts as the managing authority.
Monitoring committee members
The monitoring Committee is chaired by Johanna Osenius, Director for Regional Development at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment. Ministerial Adviser Petri Haapalainen from the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment serves as vice chair.
Members of the monitoring committee also include:
- seven representatives of ministries;
- four representatives of regional councils;
- four representatives of the Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY Centres);
- a representative of the Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities;
- a representative of the cities and towns participating in the ecosystem agreement;
- two representatives of employee organisations;
- three representatives of employer organisations, and business and industry;
- two representatives of organisations responsible for promoting social inclusion, fundamental rights, rights of persons with disabilities, gender equality and non-discrimination; and
- a representative of the environmental sector.
A deputy member has been appointed for each representative. In addition, the monitoring committee has six permanent specialists who have the right to speak at meetings.
Monitoring committee members in the Government Project Register (Link to external website). (in Finnish)
Monitoring committee meetings
Information shared with the monitoring committee will be published on this website after each meeting in accordance with the general regulation.